Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Chinese...Oh those Chinese

Now i have to be very careful in how I word this, but here it goes. The chinese are the most competative people I have ever seen. I have visited many countries, but never have I had so many elevator doors shut in my face, when trying to get on. Don't get me wrong here, I may be generalizing but let me also tell you that they are also the most efficient people i have ever observed. In the hospital for instance they Dont get bogged down with paper work. My second day here i went for an MRI and an X-ray of my ankle in another wing in the hospital and all it took was a quick 10 second telephone conversation between the head nurse of the stem cell ward, and the radiology department receptionist What a ride there OMG. It wasnt long before i realized i couldnt keep up with her, So Chaching (argueably the most kind girl I have ever met) and I comendeared a hospital wheel chair. After about two seconds I was reaching for my seatbelt (wheelchairs dont come stock with seatbelts but it is an option). We were weaving in and out of crowds of people it felt like Nascar without the crash helmets. At one point we even hit some lady, right in the back of the foot I could tell by her expression that we got her in that sweet spot. I waited for the arguement to ensue but we just kept on truckin, you see in China you are personally liable. I know its a strange concept to grasp, but that lady that we hit was in the way, end of story. Alot of the sidewalks here are currently under construction, (I think for the upcoming Olimpics in 2008) If you fall in one of many holes, which i've come very close (if not for melissa's strong arm). Lastly if any of you readers out there have a death wish, than Chinese streets are the place for you. Over here they make up thier own rules. I'm sorry there is one rule it is "Every Man For Himself". In my opinion there are 2 sides to this coin. First of all this chaos works for themselves as a community. Now you take 500000 cars and you put them into our ever updating infrastucture and you will get some accidents. In China, you will find that there are'nt many accidents even though the aging infrastructure is aging they need more than 4 lanes. Lastly the Chinese dont believe in road rage. They (now I dont mean all of them) just enough of them to wake me up use HORN RAGE.

No comments: