Monday, January 29, 2007

Almost there...


Melissa and I have managed to cohabitate in one room for a month and not kill each other. In fact, it has brought us closer (but don't tell her I said that). We have managed to turn this experience into somewhat of a vacation. But I will be glad to return to our paradise in Ancaster and our beautiful daughter Charlotte. Today was an ok day in physio. I have a bit of a sore throat so I feel that my balance wasn't as good as it could have been. I am now comparing every day to my best day here which was Friday. But I know that coming here my balance was way worse than it is today. These stem cells are truly a gift from God. We heard some great news about our friend Chuck who is here with a spinal cord injury, and he had his third (i think) stem cell treatment today, it was by IV and he was able to twitch his big toe!!! He hasn't done that since his accident! Amazing. We went out with some of the staff here for dinner. We had food from a northwest region of China where spicy food is common. My mouth was on fire but I didn't want let on to anyone that it was. China survival tip #1- stay clear of the pointy green peppers.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Not long now. I miss you guys heaps! Our trip home was OK got our upgrades to business class, yeah.

Stay Cool, Work Hard
Rachel
GFAG
Garry

celiaarruda said...

today is wednesday- no update yet. one more before you go!?
i cannot wait to see you both!!!!! i have to be careful not to get too excited or i may kickstart this labour too soon!!! love sal

kish's said...

Have a good trip HOME! I'm sure "Charlie" will be waiting with big kisses for both of you.....
see you soon XOXO