Monday, January 15, 2007

Melissa's opinion

Hello, I thought I would give my opinion on how George is doing these days. I felt he was a little hard on himself in the last entry where he thought his walking was worse today. As an eyewitness I would like to say that I thought he did really well. We walked to the McDonald's for lunch which is a pretty good walk. I am including a few pictures of how well he is doing in therapy. Remember before we got here he rarely walked without the walker.



The picture above shows how narrow of a path his therapist gives him to walk and he is not holding onto the bars.

This one shows him balancing on the wobble board, and below is a close up of his feet balancing.

So... I think he is doing well. He just felt like it was an off day. But we can all be proud of him.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Hey Superman relax you'll be leaping from tall buildings in no time. I did an hour of TURBO JAM aerobics yesterday and I could barely walk today too! Your accomplishments in the short time you've been there are amazing. Keep smiling, and keep freaking everyone out with your super strength and pain thresshold. Portuguese-Canadaians are a force to be reckoned with, especially one with such a supportive wife :)

Lots of love guys - stay focused. Oh by the way, that pic of you in shorts was painful to see this morning. It took almost half an hour to warm up and de-ice the car today.

Walk, walk and walk some more. It looks like you'll be toboganning when you get back.

celiaarruda said...

George,
you look like you are doing well; i agree with Melissa. It's not going to get built in a day slow and steady, okay?